Willie Nelson's Always on Our Mind

What’s there to say about Willie Nelson that hasn’t already been said? The man is a bona fide icon, a troubadour for the ages, a superstar.

Heck, even his tour bus is the stuff of legend – but that’s all we’ll say about that.

And the bona fide icon comes to WinStar World Casino for a performance Friday night that includes special guest Jakob Dylan.

Long before Willie entered the Country Music Hall of Fame and began collecting Grammys as if they were hair braids, he already had penned a number of such Nashville standards as “Crazy,” “Pretty Paper,” “Hello Walls” and “Funny How Time Slips Away.”

Then came his breakthrough album, 1975’s “Red Headed Stranger,” propelling Willie Nelson into the rarified air of living legend.

With his inimitable vocals and a style that incorporates everything from Western swing to jazz and blues, Nelson has had a profound and lasting impact on the music of our lives. His hits -- including “Angel Flying too Close to the Ground,” “Whiskey River,” “Blue Eyes Crying in the Rain," “On the Road Again,” "Stardust" and “Always on My Mind,” to name a few – are timeless classics.

As is the man himself: A timeless classic.

11 comments (Add your own)

1. Carol.. wrote:
After all these years, in trouble or not, traveling thousands of miles, he is still doing what he loves... playing his guitar and singing. Thank you, Willie, for years of your music. We love all your songs.

Tue, November 8, 2011 @ 8:56 AM

2. opal mayo wrote:

Mon, November 14, 2011 @ 5:49 AM

3. opal mayo wrote:

Mon, November 14, 2011 @ 5:50 AM

4. Lillian T. L. wrote:
Thank you, Willie your still one of my favorite country singer. I'll be seeing you in Louisiana.

Wed, November 16, 2011 @ 9:04 AM

5. Kamakiri wrote:
Wow a web site devoted to peace and the first guy slams the whole sttraing point. I can't contribute except to say that Only Virtue gives good Karma, and Compassion is the highest Virtue. So it is with compassion and a loving heart that I ask to PLEASE end the grammar dispute (as a springboard to a plea to interact peacefully)??You said apologoze to he and Mr. Nelson. In this case, the he is placed as the object of the preposition to and therefore, the objective form of the pronoun must be used, him . Just because it doesnt' SOUND right doesn't mean it isn't right. (A good rule of thumb is to replace the pronoun you want to use with I you wouldn't say, for example, he apologized to I and Mr. Nelson. I is the subjective form of that pronoun, FYI. It's a good little trick when you get confused.)And the it's/its controversy?? Well, there was no possession indicated there. Its is correct.NOW how about that Christian attitude? This is something that I think pertains, especially, and interests me. I see many self-proclaimed Christians fall short on the larger belief structures of the religion, such as, Love thy neighbor. I would jsut like to pose to Mike that in automatically resorting to an insult in response to a response you did not care for, shouldn't we perhaps turn the other cheek, and serve as examples to other Christians and the world at large? To actually LIVE by our beliefs and be guided by them in our daily interactions?? Isn't THAT how Jesus said we would have peace?If we can't act lovingly, and perhaps a little more like grown-ups on a web site how do we expect to end war?? We slam each other's knowledge of grammar to PROVE OUR POINTS??? Oh well, it's not about grammar but sometimes I guess it is. (I just happen to know a fair amount about it, and I saw it as an in to discussing the nature of these types of internet disputes.) I think the internet really brings this out in us. I see so much of it and I think it only makes us mean and small. You are not alone, Mike. I've done it, too, and I hate it. I'm really trying to NOT lash out at people who are slamming me. This is not an indictment of you in particular It is a cry to US, to try to do better, to try to get along, to not always make everything into us vs. them, so that one day we might REACH the Peace goal. We seem pretty far from it at this point.Disclaimer!!! I am a horrible typist. I know I make typos!! But I did have a point about getting along together

Sat, April 21, 2012 @ 8:04 PM

6. Luci wrote:
before if they ahd a child like kelliepickler tyheed ebat her up like her mother beat her and drkingfinn said to me 1 month ago now kellie blocking her biggest fan wow what will she do to her biggest stalker?That was a confession behind her back that drkingfinns stalking kelliepickler on top of harassing me and lying about mewaltkel9.Take

Sat, April 21, 2012 @ 10:02 PM

7. Safeen wrote:
If Willie comes out West Virginia way, let me know. Maybe we can get a video of him for the Kucinich campaign and for the Peace Research Institute. I'd be happy to make vidoes for the Peace Research Institute.Love, Hope, Peace, & Christ Be With You,Cal-el

Sat, April 21, 2012 @ 10:23 PM

8. xmvendnkbx wrote:
7Z8mt6 zwkgzhhajynz

Sun, April 22, 2012 @ 11:59 AM

9. udrbrk wrote:
SfcFPA ghevclpppujm

Sun, April 22, 2012 @ 10:31 PM

10. Reno wrote:
Apparently this is what the esteemed Willis was tkalin' 'bout.

Tue, October 9, 2012 @ 5:02 AM

11. pdwbakjs wrote:
seaJJB nncmzembaztc

Thu, October 11, 2012 @ 11:22 AM

Add a New Comment

code

Comment Guidelines: No HTML is allowed. Off-topic or inappropriate comments will be edited or deleted. Thanks.