Happy Feelin’s with Frankie Beverly and Maze

Frankie BeverlyGet ready for some silky smooth grooves to spread throughout a large swath of southern Oklahoma and northern Texas this weekend. Among the top R&B acts to emerge from the 1970s and ‘80s, Frankie Beverly and Maze, perform Friday night at the Global Event Center of WinStar World Casino.

Led by Philadelphia-born Beverly, the band was named Raw Soul when it left the City of Brotherly Love in the early ‘70s for the music scene in San Francisco. It was there that they were discovered by Marvin Gaye. He changed the name to Maze and made the outfit his opening act.

Things skyrocketed from there. Maze’s first album went gold. A decade later, the act had firmly established itself as a shining star in the world of soul, buoyed by such hits as “Happy Feelin’s,” “Back in Stride,” “While I’m Alone,” “Lady of Magic,” “Feel that You’re Feelin’,” “Can’t Get Over You” and “Too Many Games.”

Happy feelin’s, indeed.

6 comments (Add your own)

1. Shawana wrote:
I wish i could be there to see the greatest band and lead singer Mr. Beverly!! I just love them!!

Wed, November 16, 2011 @ 8:54 PM

2. Chichita wrote:
I can't wait. I'll be there tonight celebrating my birthday. I've seen Maze and Frankie Beverly 4 times and it's always a great show!

Fri, November 18, 2011 @ 10:59 AM

3. Luis Orta wrote:
Many good memory's listening to Maze and Frankie Beverly growing as a kid and I will always love it.
Great Music.

Mon, November 21, 2011 @ 5:52 AM

4. Billie wrote:
This was by far one of the best concerts that I've ever been to! It was a full 2 hour concert - something most artists today don't do. And, Mr. Beverly is one of the most nicest people you'll ever meet. He actually hung out in the hotel bar with patrons. doesn't get much better than that.

Sat, November 26, 2011 @ 6:59 AM

5. Quang wrote:
Reka ntange iieeekgrtzo mpereye kukuba muruibanza rwa mbereRP uwaregeye indishyi yaba yatsinzwe kuko n'ubushinjacyaha yisunze bwaba bwatsinzwe. kandi aha ndashaka kuvuga ko hatasibwa ikirego cy'indishyi kandi icy'inshinjabyaha cyaraburanishijwe kuko ni inyungu ebyiri ziba ziri murubanza rumwe ntabwo ari imanza cyangwa ibirego bibiri.hanyuma rero biramutse bigeze mubujurire byasaba wawundi waregeye indishyi ko yongera nawe akajurira yisunze ubujurire bw'ubushinjacyaha. aramutse atabikoze gutyo numva ntanyungu yaba agifite murubanza. byafatwa nk'aho yanyuzwe n'imikirize yambere.Murakoze.

Mon, April 23, 2012 @ 10:48 PM

6. Noelia wrote:
It has been 3 seasons in one day here in my home town'. Just msiisng the awesomely warm weather than has everyone else sweating bollocks' LOLI guess the terms building/sculpting applies to anyone whose body changes for better or worse. But seriously .running to beat a time or increase distance in a certain time OR just free running' can be awesome but running to get stronger legs is plain boring. The same goes for lifting weights, squats, pushups etc. I do them because they feel good to do! What they do for my body is not my top priority. If I try to build/sculpt I seem to lose overall focus on the general pleasure of a workout. The feeling' is similar to losing technique when I focus on speed. Is this something anyone else experiences?Laurie

Mon, July 30, 2012 @ 10:28 PM

Add a New Comment

code

Comment Guidelines: No HTML is allowed. Off-topic or inappropriate comments will be edited or deleted. Thanks.