Feel that Fire? It’s Dierks Bentley

Dierks BentleyIn Nashville’s world of windswept anthems and arena-friendly ballads, Dierks Bentley is something of a unique throwback. The Arizona native summons the barnburner spirit of Waylon Jennings and Merle Haggard without losing a modern country sensibility. In short, the guy is the real thing.

And even better, he plays tomorrow night at the Global Event Center of WinStar World Casino. Opening acts are Jerrod Niemann and the Eli Young Band.

Bentley’s star just keeps rising and rising. Two of his discs have gone platinum and one gold. He’s racked up 10 Grammy nominations and has scored eight No. 1 singles, including “What Was I Thinkin’,” “Come a Little Closer,” “Settle for a Slowdown,” “Feel That Fire” and “Free and Easy (Down the Road I Go).” Bentley’s latest song to hit the top spot, “Am I the Only One,” is from his forthcoming album, due for release early next year.

Do you feel that fire? I thought so.

9 comments (Add your own)

1. kirk wrote:
Why the change to higher fees with Ticketmaster ? The High School kid was doing O K ...

Thu, October 27, 2011 @ 3:44 PM

2. donna pena wrote:
when are u coming to texas winstar???

Thu, October 27, 2011 @ 5:55 PM

3. bubba wrote:
Agreed. Winstar website was fine. Could buy online without Ticketmaster convenience charge. What service am I getting for that fee exactly?

Fri, October 28, 2011 @ 9:29 AM

4. Yamii wrote:
and peppermint totehger; the combo can't be beat! And after spotting Kristan's yummy Peppermint Patty Brownie Cups over at Confessions of a Cookbook Queen, I figured I better do something with these partners in

Sat, May 12, 2012 @ 9:43 PM

5. Abdul wrote:
What the hell is going on here? I leave town for 10 days and come back to find out Fayetteville is getting a Bruce Lee msuuem and Girl Talk is playing in Ft Smith for 10 bucks! If I died in a car accident on the way back please don't tell me because this bizarro world is pretty sweet.

Tue, May 15, 2012 @ 9:38 PM

6. uqjatqsl wrote:
YMmv5r rqisdjzxgtyp

Tue, May 15, 2012 @ 11:44 PM

7. Avery wrote:
By February 10, 2012Lol I need a couple of those fake jobs! I was just syniag at work the other day that I should be a professional coffee drinking, considering all the coffee I've been consuming. That would be amazing, right?

Sun, July 29, 2012 @ 1:35 AM

8. Beatrice wrote:
Ah yes, niecly put, everyone.

Sun, July 29, 2012 @ 4:25 AM

9. Mima wrote:
very cool! that song spoke to me as well, and up until the song, i wasn't a big DB fan. it reminds me of American pride, and the uonupplarity of say things like God Bless America, etc. etc. i guess a love for our country is rooted in our hearts. Thank you for sharing this gem of a post!

Sun, July 29, 2012 @ 9:41 AM

Add a New Comment

code

Comment Guidelines: No HTML is allowed. Off-topic or inappropriate comments will be edited or deleted. Thanks.